Supermama is an mobile application, focused on pregnancy changes, educating new moms, and tracking the birth journey.
Our team redesigned the mobile application user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) to provide users with more features by simpler and better structure methods.
The goal is to create Supermama inside every mom by providing information about mom’s lifestyle written by researchers, specialists, and other moms.
The Main Goal
Our objective is redesigning the app for the women who are looking for Arabic/English content to help them in ﬁrst-time pregnancy and advice about marriage life and social duties. The majority of users are people in the ﬁrst-time of pregnancy as they need to have the experience to deal with their pregnancy issues.
Branding design of supermama mobile Application
The visual design intended to enhance the functionality and not let it get in the way of finding information quickly.
A minimal primary color palette and thoughtful use of secondary colors throughout the app served only to assist the user in navigating the app and provide visual cues for different content types. We also designed a suite of icons for all content and tool areas of the app especially the shape of icons describing the baby size, we used fruits and vegetables as a measurement of the baby size on each period of time.
The final design is a simple, easy-to-use system with friendly details sprinkled throughout. Users can easily find pertinent information relating to where they are at in their pregnancy journey as well as document important milestones along the way.
Competitive Analysis Research
Before anything else we decided to look at competitor mobile applications to see what is currently available on the market for new moms.
- We looked at the apps: The bump, What to expect & Baby Name
- We found the design was cluttered & it was hard to navigate
- The focus was on socializing, sharing, support, trackers
- Complicated functionality & the contact wasn’t organized
After the competitor research we had to focus on users and their thoughts.
We conducted interviews with 14 moms/pregnant moms and came up with some very interesting insights that differentiated from the business needs of our client.
We were able to achieve:
- Easing the overall experience for intermediate-tech-level moms.
- Maximizing session time for reading and exploring content, questions and related products.
- Increasing monthly active users.
- Increasing daily checking by making the tracker very emotional and converting it into a habit.
- Being trusted source by being relevant with third-party review sites, social media, or news outlets.
- Organize the community with groups creation and verify users.
Ready to kick-start your next project?